ABS-LCF is a range of light weight open cell (reticulated) foam microwave absorbers. The single layer reticulated polyurethane foam material is coated with a dielectric carbon solution with fire retardant properties. Due to its open cell structure and a specific production process the absorber material obtains a dielectric conductive gradient to meet a excellent RF performance level. To meet customers mechanical and RF requirements different thicknesses are produced, typical thicknesses are 5, 10, 15 and 25mm. Typical frequency of operation is above 3 GHz, the thickest material is used in the low frequency range.
When a reflectivity performance is required the material can be supplied with a integrated metal backing. Similar as with our other polyurethane based absorber also ABS-LCF can be supplied equipped with a protective tissue, typically a vinyl fabric is used.
- Around antenna feeds to reduce surface currents
- In antenna shrouds to reduce side lobes
- Radar absorbing blankets (often covered with vinyl fabric for harsh environment)
- Inside RF-cabinets to suppress standing waves
- Cross talk reduction between RF-systems