ABS-MLE / MLSE
ABS-MLE is a polyurethane elastomeric absorber with a standard thickness of 1mm but also 0,5mm and 2mm can be supplied. Although the material is highly magnetically loaded the material remains flexible and easy to apply in the application. It concerns a broadband microwave absorber for a variety of applications typically used in resonating cavities but also effective to suppress surface currents. As the material is also effective in free space it will reduce reflections from metal structures, this means the material has also a good reflectivity level.
ABS-MLSE is the silicone version of ABS-MLE, the silicone version is typically used on space applications where low outgassing is required. The silicone version also withstand high temperature which is applicable on high power applications, also the silicone is more impervious to outdoor weather conditions, we recommend to use the silicone material for outdoor exposure applications.
- suppress surface currents on metal surfaces and inside cavities
- improve reflection from metal surfaces
- isolation of microwave waveguide cavities in amplifiers and radio’s
- improvement of patch antenna patterns
- microwave converters
- Antennas and RF modules in space applications